In accordance with our mission, the Alpine Public Library regularly offers programs that connect our diverse and geographically remote communities with information resources to encourage literacy and promote lifelong learning.
Apr. 30, 2021:
WHO is involved?
- Presidio, Jeff Davis and Brewster County Community leaders working to enhance and expand access, adoption and use of high-speed internet
- Will benefit residents, businesses, schools, and local governments
- Partner: Connected Nation Texas
WHAT is being done?
- Survey Presidio, Jeff Davis and Brewster County residents, businesses, and other organizations about high-speed internet access
- Assess existing resources and capabilities
- Establish a broadband planning process
- Address current and future broadband needs
- Develop action plans and projects to improve internet access and speed
WHEN will this take place?
- Surveys open March through April 30, 2021
- Results available late spring to early summer
- Presidio, Jeff Davis and Brewster County Regional action plan development to follow
HOW can you help?
- Take the survey as a Presidio, Jeff Davis and Brewster County resident and as a business owner, educator, or representative of another organization
- Share the survey links and encourage participation
Do not let your voice be left out!
APL and Sul Ross State University have teamed up to offer an after-school xSTREAM reading program for children in PreK-4th grade. This exciting new program is free, bilingual, and uses an online format. Click the link below for all the details and registration. We look forward to seeing you!
This past summer, the Alpine Public Library was awarded a grant from the Texas Book Festival to enhance the junior fiction and young adult collections. Included in this grant is an opportunity for tri-county students in grades 5-7 to earn a Raspberry Pi by making a model of a plot diagram. Please visit our YouTube page and watch the video “Plot your Way to a Raspberry Pi!” for details. To access YouTube, scroll to the bottom of the home page and click the “A” on the YouTube section.
Have fun with friends and make some new ones at this after-school reading program. Meet weekly for shared reading and discussion, phonics games, writing adventures, and vocabulary escapades. Contact Mary Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a Zoom link. Begins September 22:
First Grade Pod: Tuesdays, 4:30-5:15
Second Grade Pod: Wednesdays, 4:30-5:15
Third Grade Pod: Thursdays, 4:30-5:15
Fourth Grade Pod: Fridays, 4:30-5:15
Let’s Seesaw together this fall! Seesaw is an engaging digital platform that promotes literacy and learning with steady interactions from the children’s librarian. Great for kids in preschool through second grade. For more information, please email email@example.com
Literacy Packets: Themed, literacy-based packets for toddlers-6th grade include craft projects, book suggestions, vocabulary practice, and reading response activities. Pick them up at curb-side service. Themes will change every few weeks.
Get ready to dance, sing, stretch, and read!
Every Thursday morning from 10:30-11:15 am per Zoom. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link. Ages 0–6.
Get all the information and materials you need to meet the goal of reading 1000 books to your child before the age of 5.
Packets are available at the front desk. Yes, you can do it!